How to root Nexus One running Froyo
- Download Quick Rooter from the item list below.
- Turn off your Nexus One.
- Once your Nexus One is off, hold down the power button and the Volume-Down button till it turns on. Here, you’re in your phone’s bootloader.
- Use your phone’s Volume buttons to scroll down to recovery.
- Press the power button to confirm.
- You are now in the Recovery Menu. Use your trackball to scroll down to “install zip from sdcard”.
- Choose “choose zip from sdcard”.
- Choose the “froyo-rooter-signed.zip”.
- Select “Yes”.
- Let the phone do it’s work. Once the installation is complete, scroll up to “reboot system now”.
- Congratulations, your phone is now rooted!
Use the same method above to install any custom ROM you wish.